Love Yoga? Love Wine? Come with us to Napa in May!
We will be staying at the beautiful Mayacamas Ranch, located in the Calistoga region of Napa Valley, and treated to morning and afternoon specialty yoga classes, delicious organic meals, and a stunning setting in beautiful Wine Country!
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Inquire” url=” http://www.retreatplace.com/inquire/ “]
• Location: Mayacamas Ranch, Set on a hilltop ridgeline above the town of Calistoga in Napa, CA and surrounded by spectacular 360-degree views, Mayacamas Ranch provides an awe-inspiring, natural setting—making it an ideal place to renew, reflect, and connect. With its secluded and expansive grounds, comfortable guestrooms, distinctive cuisine, and highly regarded reputation, Mayacamas offers the perfect setting for our Yoga in Wine Country Retreat together!
• Retreat Facilitators: Jillian and Carrie have a combined 20+ years experience with yoga. Jillian is known for her playful, light-hearted, and empowering yoga classes, while Carrie is known for her yummy yin and softly flowing style and Thai massage. Together, we offer a well-rounded and balanced array of practices to choose from.
All-Inclusive!! Your retreat includes…
• Accomodations at Mayacamas Ranch, including spectacular views and luxurious duvet covers, organic mattresses, and linens.
• Three delicious, organic meals each day, prepared by the onsite chef, featuring produce from the onsite gardens. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, as well as special dietary accomodations are available!
• Specialty yoga classes with Jillian and Carrie! Morning and afternoon classes will be offered each day. A sampling of specialty classes will include Detox; Partner Yoga; Outdoor Walking Meditation; and Yoga + Chocolate!
• All yoga mats and props are provided, along with ample indoor and outdoor space for our yoga practices. Come prepared to move, breathe, and nurture your spirit!
• Swimming and Soaking: Surrounded by 360 degree views of Mt. St. Helena and the Mayacamas Mountains, take in some of the most breath-taking views in the wine region while lounging and swimming in the heated salt water pool, or soaking in the relaxing jacuzzi.
• Walking/Hiking Trails. Mayacamas Ranch hiking trails range from easy to intermediate and wind through fragrant bay and madrone forests, and a natural spring. Discover the hidden lake for a private meditation spot, canoeing, and fishing.
• Organic Garden and Sun Deck. Explore the Mayacamas organic garden, providing many of the fruits and vegetables in the meals prepared for you. You may also enjoy views of the garden from the sun deck off the Lodge, or stargaze around the outdoor firepit.
- All meals, yoga, and community activities are included, however completely optional. We want you to participate is as much or as little activity as you wish! This is YOUR retreat!
- Wine tours and tastings!! Napa Valley is home to a plethora of beautiful, amazing, world-class wineries. Feel free to explore (safely)! Options for exploring the local wineries range from exploring inexpensive (or FREE!) tastings on your own, to specialty tours with wineries or tour companies. If you’d like to take a picnic lunch on your winery exploration, just let us know, and the Mayacamas chefs can make arrangements.
- Hot springs and spas. Calistoga is known for its spas and hot springs; please feel free to explore on your own, or check out Mayacamas-recommended spots.
- Old Faithful Geyser, Petrified Forrest, and other local spots of interest. There are so many amazing natural wonders nearby; explore and enjoy!
- Thai Yoga Therapy! See Carrie if you’d like to treat yourself to a rejuvenating onsite Thai massage while on retreat.
Sample Daily Schedule
7am- Light Breakfast for Early Risers!
**Wednesday will include Dinner and Evening Opening Practice
**Sunday will include Early Morning Closing Practice, Breakfast, and Lunch
Retreat PricePricing is all-inclusive! All delicious, organic meals; morning and afternoon yoga with Carrie and Jillian; and cozy accommodations are included!
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Reservation” url=” http://www.retreatplace.com/inquire/ “]
Mayacamas Ranch has guest units and cottages situated in various buildings on the property. All beds at Mayacamas are 100% organic and feature organic sheets in all units. Each unit has its own temperature control system for your comfort.
Double Occupancy with Private Bath options are still available.
The closest airports to Napa Wine Country are San Francisco and Oakland. In past trips to Wine Country, Carrie and family have flown into San Francisco, and thoroughly enjoyed the gorgeous, easy drive north. Bonus: you get to cross over the Golden Gate Bridge on your way! Feel free to stop along the way and enjoy lunch, site see, or tour a winery as you make your way to Mayacamas! For those who are interested, carpooling is a great idea to share costs and enjoy each others’ company on the way up.
As a yoga teacher and clinical social worker, I have dedicated my life’s work to healing and growth in body, mind, and spirit. I love teaching creatively flowing vinyasa practices that integrate breath awareness and mindfulness into a practice that both challenges and supports my students. My training includes 500 hr certification through Wilmington Yoga Center, and includes a variety of styles and teachers. My love for practicing and teaching yoga has grown to presenting workshops and teacher training modules on topics that are especially of interest to me, such as Ayurveda and Yoga, Thai Yoga Therapy, and Yin. I am grateful to many amazing teachers for sharing their gifts so that I may continue to serve others through yoga. It is with gratitude that I dedicate my teaching to meeting the individual body, mind, and spirit needs of the students and clients I serve.
Yoga has given me the courage and the strength to follow my heart and to do what I love. I found yoga when I moved to Charlotte from New York City in 2003. After years of working in advertising, auditioning for stage roles and teaching in the public school system, yoga gave me a place to slow down and to really look at where my life was going. Initially, the attraction to yoga was the physical aspect and the desire to de-stress and detoxify, but what was ultimately found was an underlying awareness of the ‘self’; a way to connect to the mind, body and spirit. I completed my 230- hour Teacher Training from the Asheville Yoga Center with Stephanie Keach and I am currently pursuing my 500- hour advanced training with Stephanie as well. I am also a certified Yoga Warrior, with specialized yoga training for war veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I enjoy teaching Vinyasa Flow, Slow Flow/Deep- Stretch and Kids Yoga and I believe yoga can benefit the very young to the very “wise”.
Testimonials about Maycamas Ranch:
“I just got back from a women’s retreat weekend. It was definitely a 5 star experience. It is so relaxing to go somewhere beautiful and relax. The food was amazing with lots of fresh organic produce, meats and fish. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The grounds are serene and beautiful. My retreat included yoga classes and meals. We arrived on Friday settled in and then had dinner. After dinner we gathered around the fire and socialized. The next day I had breakfast, yoga, lunch, a walk, paddling on the small lake, dinner, socializing, star gazing, followed by blissful sleep. Sunday morning we had breakfast and another yoga class before checking out. I came with a dear girlfriend and met some new friends while I was there. I loved the experience. It helped of course that the weather was amazing this weekend.” Jenn D
“Who loves mayacamas ranch? I DO! was there last weekend for a NYE yoga retreat that a yoga instructor set up. the calistoga ranch is GORGEOUS – well kept and serene. They have an organic garden/farm where some of our AMAZINGLY fresh vegetarian cuisine came from. The chef, and his staff, are amazing…4 days later, I still miss that food! the accommodations are just right. the beds are comfy – complete with great pillows, down comforters and cotton sheets/duvets. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi (both heated) are on a setting allowing you to see the beautiful mountains, valleys and wildlife all around you. We did yoga each day in a huge, hard-wood floor room with a gas fireplace. The surrounding windows let us see the gorgeous setting we were in…except when we were in downward dog sweating to death.I loved it – had no real idea what to expect (i’ve been to ranch la puerta spa in tecate, mexico…this places reminded me a little of that) and was delightfully surprised and constantly impressed. The owners are genuine and caring….big “love” button for that ranch.” Whitney
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Ask a question” url=” http://www.retreatplace.com/inquire/ “]